To apply for any open position: Please send resume, cover letter, and completed application via e-mail to Lauren Rosenthal, HR@frvpld.info with the job title in the subject line. All application documents must be submitted electronically.
Children's Librarian - Bilingual
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: $20.02 per hour
Do you have a passion for working with children (ages 0 to 12) and their caregivers? Can you shout and hop with iSalta, Ranita, Salta!? Do you know the correct order of the Harry Potter books by heart?
If you answered an enthusiastic “Yes!” to all these questions and meet the qualifications below, this job is especially built for you! Apply now, and we’ll see you at the interview!
We are looking for candidates with a passion for working with children and their caregivers. The successful applicant will be:
· acquainted with resources for children’s literature for the purposes of selection
· imaginative and energetic
· familiar with homework support resources and children’s literature
· able to plan and deliver engaging programs that support both childhood development and foster a love of reading
· comfortable with the technologies necessary to help patrons navigate the library environment in person, by phone and online
· bilingual Spanish / English
Our Children’s Department staff members work in a team environment, sharing the duties required to provide full information services to young patrons of all ages.
Educational requirement: MLS from an ALA accredited school
Minimum work experience: 1 year working with children in a library
Positions will be open until filled.
No phone calls, please. All application documents must be submitted electronically. Applications submitted in person or via US mail will not be considered.